Economy Minister Gordon Lyons is encouraging people to apply for new posts that have been created in his Department’s Energy Group.
The Department for the Economy is seeking individuals with experience in the energy sector to take forward the important and exciting work on energy decarbonisation.
Following the launch of the Energy Strategy, ‘Path to Net Zero Energy’, the roles will be responsible for developing and delivering energy policy to achieve net zero carbon energy across power, heat and transport.
Encouraging suitably qualified individuals to apply, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“This is an exciting time to join Energy Group in the Department for the Economy. Following last week’s launch of Northern Ireland’s new Energy Strategy, these positions will help to make a real difference in the growth of the local economy by driving job creation and prosperity, whilst at the same time creating a healthier local environment.
“I would encourage those who have experience in any area of energy, from either the private or public sectors, to consider applying for one of these important positions.”
The recruitment competition is open now and will close on 14 January.
For further information and to apply visit the NICS Recruitment website.
Notes to editors:
- The Path to Net Zero Energy document is available on the Department's website.
- For the G7 posts, applications from Protestants, females, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
- For the DP and SO posts, applications from Protestants, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcome for this post. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
- To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
Twitter – @Economy_NI
Facebook – @EconomyNI
Skills to Succeed Facebook – SkillstoSucceedni
Instagram – economy_ni
LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Further Education Sector Activity Bulletin published 20 January 2022
- The Path to Net Zero Energy – creating jobs and more affordable energy 20 January 2022
- Labour market statistics 18 January 2022
- Lyons encourages applications to Accelerate Digital Assured Skills Academy 18 January 2022