Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the membership of the Economic Advisory Group and released more details on her plans to rebuild the Northern Ireland economy.
The reconstituted 11-member advisory group is being chaired by Ellvena Graham, former head of Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland.
The Minister said:
“I look forward to working closely with Ellvena and the other members of the advisory group.
“I have no doubt that their combined business expertise will lead to advice and recommendations which will be extremely valuable to me as we plan for the future.”
The Minister today published her medium term economic recovery plan covering the next 12 to 18 months.
'Rebuilding a Stronger Economy' sets out a framework to deliver higher paying jobs, a highly skilled workforce and a more regionally balanced economy.
Minister Dodds said:
“There has been significant financial support from the Executive to date to help businesses survive the immediate impact of Covid-19.
“We must now look to the medium term and work to build a more competitive, inclusive and greener economy.
“Our people are our key asset so developing the skills base of our young people and workforce will remain central to our economic success going forward.
“We also intend to focus on sectors where there is a potential for growth in higher paying jobs such as life and health sciences, advanced manufacturing, clean energy and big data.”
Ellvena Graham said: “I am really pleased to take up the role as chair of the Economic Advisory Group once again and look forward to us working with the Minister and her Department to rebuild a stronger economy to the benefit of everyone in Northern Ireland.”
Notes to editors:
1. The Economic Advisory Group members are:
Ellvena Graham (Chair)
Neil Gibson (Chief Economist, EY)
Paul Vernon (CEO, Glanbia Cheese)
Nick Coburn (MD, Ulster Carpets/DIT Strategic Advisory Board)
Michael Ryan (VP and GM, Bombardier)
Steve Orr (CEO, Catalyst)
Rose Mary Stalker (Chair, Invest NI)
Lisa McLaughlin (Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills)
Dr Rob Grundy (Chair, MATRIX)
Tina McKenzie (CEO, Grafton Recruitment)
Brendan Mooney (CEO, Kainos)
2. Photo caption: Pictured at Parliament Buildings are Ellvena Graham, Chair of the Economic Advisory Group, and Economy Minister Diane Dodds.
3. The 'Rebuilding a Stronger Economy' paper can be accessed on the DfE website.
4. Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI .
5. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on email@example.com
6. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Dodds: Northern Ireland can lead the way in hydrogen energy 10 July 2020
- Economy Minister announces £1million export success for White’s Speedicook 10 July 2020
- Dodds welcomes increase in Foreign Direct Investment projects in Northern Ireland 10 July 2020
- Dodds visits Craigavon area companies 10 July 2020