Economy Minister Diane Dodds and officials from Invest NI this afternoon met senior management from Caterpillar NI following its announcement yesterday that it is going into a period of consultation on possible redundancies.
The Minister reiterated her Department and Invest NI stand ready to support the company to mitigate the impact.
The Minister said:
“I made clear my disappointment with yesterday’s announcement by Caterpillar in Northern Ireland and expressed my strong wish that any redundancies are kept to an absolute minimum. My Department and Invest NI will continue to engage with the company and offer support as it enters a period of consultation to ensure the sustainability of both its sites in NI.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021
- Northern Ireland is ready for the return of tourists: Dodds 21 April 2021
- Economy Minister highlights partnership and collaboration to help rebuild the economy 21 April 2021
- Labour Market Statistics 20 April 2021