Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the appointment of a new Chair and four new members to the Board of the Labour Relations Agency (LRA).
Mr Gordon Milligan has been appointed to serve as Chair of the Board and Ms Geraldine Alexander, Mr Kevin McCabe, Ms Clare Duffield and Mr Lee Wilson have been appointed to serve as members of the Board from 1 May 2021 to 30 April 2024.
Commenting on the appointments the Minister said:
“I am delighted that Gordon has agreed to serve as Chair of the Labour Relations Agency Board and that Geraldine, Kevin, Clare and Lee have all agreed to serve as members. I am confident that these appointments will bring strong leadership along with a keen understanding of employment relations issues and awareness of the importance of good practice and would like to offer my best wishes to everyone as they take up their appointment.”
The appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at Public Appointments NI website
Notes to editors:
- Pen pictures are available on the Department’s website.
- The LRA is a non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy, offering impartial advice to both employees and employers. It has responsibility for promoting the improvement of employment relations in Northern Ireland. It provides impartial and independent services for promoting good employment practices and preventing and resolving disputes. The LRA has its origin in the Industrial Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1976. Its objectives are determined by a board consisting of a Chair and nine members.
- LRA appointments are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI).
- Chair remuneration is currently £25,234 per annum with a time commitment of two days per week.
- Board member remuneration is currently £5,424 per annum with a time commitment of 10 meetings per year.
- These appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Air connectivity vital for economic recovery: Dodds 06 May 2021
- Economy Minister welcomes 61 business projects sharing £3.3million in innovation funding 06 May 2021
- Dodds opens new £15million Banbridge campus for Southern Regional College 05 May 2021
- Minister Dodds opens scheme to help businesses accelerate benefits of digital technology 05 May 2021