The Department for the Economy have launched a public appointments competition to recruit a new Chairperson for Northern Ireland’s economic development agency Invest NI. The competition is to fill the post following the completion of the tenure of the current Chair.
Individuals who have experience of business and economic development and can demonstrate the essential skills of leadership, making an impact, thinking strategically, financial management, analytical thinking, corporate governance and risk management are encouraged to apply.
This is an open competition and the Department would like to appeal to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We would particularly welcome applications from women as they are currently under-represented on the Board of Invest NI.
The appointment attracts remuneration of £42,790 per year with a time commitment of approximately four days per month including monthly board meetings, ad hoc committee meetings and attendance at occasional evening engagements. There may also be some overseas travel.
Details of the competition are available at the Department for the Economy public appointments page .
An application pack with full details and guidance may be obtained by emailing email@example.com .
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 18 April 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The Department for the Economy (DfE) is running the competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The Department is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Department is also committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes application forms from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, race, political opinion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not they have dependants.
- Applicants invited for interview are eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travelling expenses incurred within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- For media enquiries, please contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_ni