The Department for the Economy has appointed Dr Robert Grundy as the new Chair of the MATRIX panel.
MATRIX is an industry-led panel set up to advise government and inform academia and industry on the commercial exploitation of research and development, and science and technology, in Northern Ireland. Its primary aim is to champion the role of science and technology as one of the key drivers of economic growth in Northern Ireland. Dr Grundy has been serving as the MATRIX Interim Chair, following the retirement of Dr Rob Hardeman.
Dr Grundy will now lead on the appointment of a new MATRIX panel over the coming months.
Notes to editors:
1. Dr Grundy is the founder of Anglezarke Life Sciences. He was previously CEO of CIGA Healthcare Ltd and Director of Commercial Development and Licensing at Almac Discovery. He also holds the position of Honorary Lecturer in the School of Medicine Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast. Dr Grundy’s main focus is on the commercial development of differentiating innovation across science and technology.
2. The MATRIX Chair appointment is for an initial term of five years (1 March 2019 – 29 February 2024) and may be terminated or extended for a further defined period by agreement. The maximum total term of appointment is 10 years.
3. The appointment process followed the principles of the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI).
4. The role of Chair on the MATRIX Panel is not salaried, but the Chair is entitled to a nominal £250 per quarterly MATRIX plenary and to claim reasonable travel costs and other related expenses incurred on behalf of MATRIX.
5. More information on the MATRIX panel is available at www.matrixni.org
6. For media enquiries, please contact DfE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
7. Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Not too late to take action to secure and protect cross border data flows – Dodds 23 October 2020
- Minister welcomes signing of the UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement 23 October 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds urges businesses to take up the support offered to help them prepare for EU Exit 23 October 2020
- Dodds announces Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme 22 October 2020