Strabane sportswear manufacturer O’Neills Irish International Sports Company Ltd is offering unemployed people (18 yrs+) job opportunities following the successful completion of an intensive one-week Bridge to Employment training programme.
In association with the Department for the Economy, the company has developed a training programme which covers an introduction to the business, an introduction to one specific department, focus on quality and efficiency and how to contribute as an effective team member. The training will be based at the O’Neills premises in Strabane.
The selection process for a training place will include an information day and an interview. Following successful completion of the training programme, individuals will be guaranteed a job interview for Production Operatives with O’Neills.
Launching this Bridge to Employment opportunity, Ann Williamson Head of Employer Skills at DfE, said: “The Department’s Bridge to Employment programme is an excellent opportunity for those who are unemployed to be able to successfully undertake training and gain meaningful employment in a range of jobs which contribute to the growth of the local economy. This pre-employment training opportunity with O’Neills will help to equip participants with some of the skills needed to compete for a job in the sportswear production industry."
Kieran Kennedy, Managing Director of O’Neills, said: “We are delighted to offer this opportunity through the Bridge to Employment training programme. We know from experience that people need to be given the chance to demonstrate what they are capable of. At O’Neills we have a very strong track record in bringing through young people to valued and secure jobs. We provide excellent in-house training and support for our employees. In recent years O’Neills has grown, developed and transformed itself and this is in large part due to our superb workforce. We would encourage young people that have experienced unemployment to grasp this opportunity for training and preparation to bridge that gap into employment with us at O’Neills. The programme is for one week that could change someone’s life.”
Further information on this Bridge to Employment opportunity and how to apply can be found at the nidirect Bridge to Employment page .
Completed application forms must be returned to any Jobs & Benefits office to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Monday 18 February 2019.
Notes to editors:
- Bridge to Employment is a pre-employment training programme that helps companies recruit unemployed people whatever their experience of work.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Alchemy Technology Services launches 5th Assured Skills Academy in Derry~Londonderry 21 October 2019
- The Department for the Economy publishes Survey of Further Education College Leavers Report 15 October 2019
- Labour Market Statistics 15 October 2019
- Extensions to DfE public appointments 15 October 2019