The Department for the Economy today welcomed a new Assured Skills Academy with PwC NI offering 20 high quality training places.
The Professional Services Academy, funded by the Department, is open to people with at least a Level 5 qualification (Higher National Diploma or Foundation Degree).
Delivered by Belfast Metropolitan College, the Academy is an eight week pre-employment intensive training course in areas such as Financial Crime, Compliance Testing, Customer Management, PMO Services and Business Operations. Successful participants who complete the training will have the opportunity to gain industry-recognised qualifications.
Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills Strategy at the Department for the Economy said:
“I am pleased to welcome another Assured Skills Academy with PwC NI and Belfast Met. This is an excellent opportunity for people to gain in-demand skills that will help to kickstart their career in a growing sector.
“Developing the local skills base is a key element of our economic recovery. Assured Skills Academies have a very strong track record of success in upskilling people and helping them secure employment.”
Deborah Stevenson, Operate People Lead at PwC NI, said:
“We are delighted to continue our support for the Professional Services Assured Skills Academy in collaboration with Belfast Met and the Department for the Economy. We're committed to investing in and growing local talent here in Northern Ireland and are so proud that the Academies have given hundreds of talented young people and career changers access to exceptional training across a range of skills and areas.”
The Assured Skills Academy will cover a range of areas including project management, business analysis, commercial awareness, financial accounting, Microsoft and Google tools, data visualisation and design thinking.
Training is likely to be a blend of onsite and online learning and successful applicants will require appropriate IT access in order to link to the online tuition.
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, said:
“I am delighted that Belfast Met is continuing to deliver this successful series of Academies. The Future Business Skills Academies have resulted in programme participants gaining new life-changing skills and progressing into good jobs and careers as a result. It is commendable that PwC NI is offering highly skilled roles during these challenging times, and we look forward to continuing to deliver this DfE programme in partnership with them.”
Applications for the PwC NI Professional Services Academy are open until 31 March 2023. The selection process will entail a video interview. Interviews will be held 18-20 April 2023, with training for successful applicants commencing on Monday 15 May and finishing on Friday 7 July 2023.
More information and details on how to apply are available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information on Assured Skills is available on the DfE website.
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 2 2023 28 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2024 launched 26 September 2023