Social Economy Policy Group - Terms of Reference
1. The strategic importance of the social economy sector is reinforced in the Executive’s draft Industrial Strategy under 'Pillar 3 - Driving Inclusive Sustainable Growth' which commits to provide support to the social enterprise sector.
2. Members of the SEPG have been nominated by the NICS Board as the most appropriate officials to represent their respective departments as nominated "champions" for the SE sector, ensuring that input to SEPG and any associated strategies/action plans covers all appropriate departmental/Agency areas and will monitor and report on progress against relevant actions as required. Non departmental members include representatives from Local Government and NDPBs/ALBs as appropriate.
3. SEPG members are expected to identify opportunities within their respective departmental policy areas where support for the SE sector might be strengthened through an agreed action plan within the context of the Executive’s Industrial Strategy.
4. Members will also be the departmental contact point for all SE related matters.
5. All departments (and associated agencies) to review their programmes and policies to:
- identify their impact (positive and negative) on the social economy.
- bring forward proposals to develop their support structures and remove any obstacles.
- exchange ideas and information.
- contribute to the development and implementation of a more integrated, strategic approach to the SE sector.
6. Meetings, chaired by DfE Grade 5 with responsibility for social economy policy, will take place on a six monthly basis, with DfE Sector Initiatives Branch providing the secretariat.
The membership is:
|Department for the Economy||
|Department for Communities||
|Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs||Paul Donnelly|
|Department of Health||Mark Lee|
|Department of Justice||Paula O'Neill|
|Department of Finance||Emer Morelli
|Department for Infrastructure||Jackie Robinson|
|The Executive Office||Stephen McGowan|
|Strategic Investment Board||Esther Barnes|
|Northern Ireland Housing Executive||TBC|
|Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB)||Gina McIntyre|
For further information on departmental representatives please contact Sector Initiatives Branch on 028 9041 6906.