Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has today provided an update on the publication of the details of businesses benefitting from the RHI Scheme.
The Minister said: “I believe that it is absolutely imperative that there is complete openness and transparency around the RHI scheme and particular in respect of the naming of businesses benefitting from the scheme. It has always been my intention to publish this information. However, I have equally always been mindful that I can only do so in accordance with my legal obligations.
“Last month, my Department wrote to all of those participating in the non domestic RHI scheme indicating my desire to publish recipients details. The Department is currently analysing the responses received and are following a clear process as required under section 10 of the 1998 Data Protection Act. The process will balance the competing interests of transparency and the right to privacy and protection in accordance with the law.
I anticipate that the process will be concluded by the beginning of next week and it would be my intention to publish RHI recipient details on Wednesday 25 January.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DfE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds highlights the strengths and potential of Northern Ireland’s Life and Health Sciences sector 04 August 2020