Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has spoken of his sadness at the death of Her Majesty The Queen.
Minister Lyons said:
“Like so many people across the world, it was with deep sadness that I learnt today of the death of Her Majesty The Queen. She lived a life of selfless devotion and duty for all those she served so gracefully over such a long life.
“Through her many visits to Northern Ireland over the years she helped to shine a light on our beautiful country to a global audience.
“Through the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise she was a champion for UK businesses in the areas of innovation, sustainable development, international trade, and promoting opportunity through social mobility.
“I send my sincere condolences to His Majesty The King and the wider Royal Family as they mourn the loss of this great woman, the likes of whom we will never see again.”
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com.
2. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Titanic Distillers invests £7.6m to develop historic distillery and create 41 jobs 29 September 2022
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 2 2022 29 September 2022
- Lyons visits completed Ulster University campus 28 September 2022
- New programme to support SMEs to achieve their Ambition to Grow 27 September 2022