Airbus Defence and Space, Digital Catapult NI, Invest NI and Northern Ireland Space Office are inviting companies to enter the challenge to exploit earth observation data to create applications under the theme ‘Space for Sustainable Living’. The winner will be allowed to secure satellite imagery worth €20,000 from Airbus-owned or operated Earth observation satellite systems.
The exclusive funding competition was launched last month aimed at encouraging Northern Ireland based small and medium sized firms to explore new business opportunities using satellite imagery.
A briefing will be held on the 21 November 2017 between 2pm - 4pm at the Invest Northern Ireland Headquarters, Bedford Square,1 Bedford St, Belfast BT2 7ES.
The keynote presentation will be by Dr Anthony Denniss, Head of Solutions & Imagery Portfolio at Airbus Defence & Space, Intelligence Division who will talk about the data available to the winner of the competition. There will also be presentations from the Geological Survey Unit and Land & Property Services about the potential uses of the data.
Entrance to the briefing is free and everyone is welcome. To register your interest please email Michael.Polson@investni.com of your intention to attend (for hospitality purposes).
For further information on how to apply to the Space for Sustainable Living competition visit the Airbus Space Challenge website. Registrations close on 31 January 2018.
Notes to editors:
1. For further information, please contact DfE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 9743832.
2. Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- DAERA and Economy Ministers support innovation and Green Growth technologies at Artemis 27 May 2022
- County Armagh director disqualified 27 May 2022
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) 26 May 2022
- An economy delivering benefits to all 24 May 2022