The Department for the Economy has launched a public appointment competition to appoint a Chairperson of Tourism Northern Ireland.
No specific academic qualifications are required for the post and appointments will be made from those individuals who best satisfy the essential criteria detailed in the application pack.
The Department particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability and those from ethnic minorities as these are currently under-represented on the Board. Female Chairs are currently under-represented across all Bodies sponsored by DfE and applications from females would also be particularly welcome. A Guaranteed Interview Scheme is in operation for applicants with a disability.
The closing date for applications is noon (BST) on 12 May 2022. Late applications will not be accepted (Except in exceptional circumstances).
An application pack with full details and guidance may be obtained from the Department's website or by contacting Public Appointments Unit, Department for the Economy, Netherleigh, Massey Avenue, Belfast BT4 2JP. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telphone: Janet McCrum on 028 9052 9492 or Text Relay: 18001 028 9052 9492.
Notes to editors:
1. Tourism Northern Ireland is a Non-Departmental Public Body responsible for the development of Northern Ireland as a tourist destination and the promotion and marketing of Northern Ireland as a tourist destination within Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The organisation’s overall aim is to ensure that tourism contributes to the creation of a dynamic, competitive economy.
2. This competition is being run in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
3. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
4. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: email@example.com
5. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons welcomes 20 high quality training places on PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy 16 May 2022
- Lyons announces annual increase in limits for unfair dismissal and redundancy payments 13 May 2022
- Lyons welcomes world-leading Higher Education research results 12 May 2022
- Lyons - Agri-Food Sector key to 10X success 12 May 2022