The Department for the Economy has announced the reappointment of Michael Fanning, Richard Hanna, Róise Ní Bhaoill and Susan Picken to the board of Northern Ireland Screen for a second term of three years.
The reappointments will be effective from 1 July 2022.
The reappointments were made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland, details of which can be found at the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Northern Ireland website
Notes to editors:
1. The Northern Ireland Screen Commission (trading as Northern Ireland Screen) was established in 1997 to accelerate the development of a dynamic and sustainable film industry and culture in Northern Ireland. Limited by Guarantee, Northern Ireland Screen is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) which was formerly a Department of Culture Arts and Leisure (DCAL) sponsored body. On 9 May 2016 Northern Ireland Screen transferred to DfE as part of the restructuring of government departments and DfE is now the sponsoring department for Northern Ireland Screen.
2. Members are not remunerated. Travel and subsistence allowances are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. One member declared political activity. Ms Picken canvassed on behalf of the Alliance Party in 2017 General Election.
4. Pen Pictures can be obtained on the Department’s website.
5. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
6. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Titanic Distillers invests £7.6m to develop historic distillery and create 41 jobs 29 September 2022
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 2 2022 29 September 2022
- Lyons visits completed Ulster University campus 28 September 2022
- New programme to support SMEs to achieve their Ambition to Grow 27 September 2022