The Department for the Economy has announced the re-appointment of three members to the board of Stranmillis University College.
Majella Corrigan, Peter Weil, and Heather Miller have been re-appointed to serve as members from 1 September 2023 for a period of four years.
The re-appointments have been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland code of practice.
Notes to editors:
1. Pen pictures are available on the Department’s website.
2. Members of the Governing Body do not receive any remuneration for this post. However, they are eligible to claim allowances, at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates, for travel and subsistence costs necessarily incurred on official business.
3. Stranmillis University College was founded in 1922 by the then recently established Ministry of Education for Northern Ireland to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have become academically recognised as university colleges of Queen’s University Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
4. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland and in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees have carried out any political activity in the past five years.
5. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
6. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2023 07 December 2023
- Department for the Economy publishes 2023/24 budget consultation final response 05 December 2023
- Extension to public appointment of Invest NI Interim Chair 01 December 2023
- Reappointment to the board of Northern Ireland Screen 28 November 2023