Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the re-appointments of the Chair and two board members of the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) for a second three year term, effective from 1 April 2020.
The re-appointees are Mr Derek Martin, Chair, Mr Tom Wright and Mr Harry Sinclair.
The Minister has also announced the extensions of appointment to the board until 30 April 2021 for five current members: Deputy Chair Mrs Hilary Singleton, Mr John Kane, Mr Maynard Mawhinney, Mr William Graham and Ms Lindsey Smith.
Commenting on the re-appointments and extensions, the Minister said:
“I would like to thank the Chair and each of the board members for agreeing to remain for a second three year term and the Deputy Chair and board members for agreeing to extend their terms.
“I am confident that the skills and experience that each individual brings will continue to contribute significantly to the vital work undertaken by the HSENI, especially at this time as we work to help rebuild and refocus our local economy in wake of coronavirus.”
The re-appointments and extensions have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) with Crown status, funded by grant-in-aid from the Department for the Economy. It was established on 1 April 1999 by an Order in Council amending the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978. Its mission is to ensure that risks to people’s health and safety arising from work activities are effectively controlled.
- Board Member remuneration is £19,875 per annum for the Chairperson and £3,980 per annum for Members. Mrs Singleton’s post involves deputising for the Chairperson and does not attract a higher remuneration.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. The appointees have all declared no political activity.
- Pen Pictures are available on the Department’s website at HSENI board reappoinments pen pictures.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Minister launches Economic Recovery Action Plan 25 February 2021
- Labour market statistics 23 February 2021
- Dodds extends free access to SME skills programme 23 February 2021
- Dodds announces Assured Skills Academy with Microsoft 18 February 2021