Coleraine company, WD Meats is offering unemployed people job opportunities, after they successfully complete a two-week Bridge to Employment training programme.
In conjunction with the Department for the Economy, the meat processing company WD Meats has developed this intensive training programme, which covers, health and safety, manual handling, selecting, checking and packing of primal cuts, and standard operating procedures for online packing. The training will be based at the WD Meats premises in Coleraine.
The selection process for a training place will include an information day and an interview. Following successful completion of the training programme individuals will be guaranteed an interview with WD Meats with a view to offering permanent employment as Production Operatives.
Launching this Bridge to Employment opportunity, Ann Williamson, Head of Employer Skills, said: “Through the Department’s Bridge to Employment programme, those who are unemployed have been able to successfully undertake training and gain meaningful employment in a range of jobs which contribute to the growth of the local economy. This pre-employment training opportunity with WD Meats will equip participants with some of the skills needed to start their career journey in the meat processing industry."
Lisa Ross, Financial Controller in WD Meats commented: “At WD Meats we are passionate about our products and offer rewarding and exciting opportunities for dedicated people. We hope that through the Bridge to Employment programme to gain young talent with the passion and drive to work in a challenging environment. We are keen to offer people the opportunity to gain experience in a vital sector of the Northern Irish economy and not only help them grow professionally but also develop skills for life.”
Further information on this Bridge to Employment opportunity and how to apply can be found at: nidirect Bridge to Employment page
The closing date for applications is 21 January 2019 at 4.00 pm.
Notes to editors:
- Bridge to Employment is a pre-employment training programme that helps companies recruit unemployed people whatever their experience of work.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Alchemy Technology Services launches 5th Assured Skills Academy in Derry~Londonderry 21 October 2019
- Extensions to DfE public appointments 15 October 2019
- The Department for the Economy publishes Survey of Further Education College Leavers Report 15 October 2019
- Labour Market Statistics 15 October 2019