The Department for the Economy has announced the appointment of seven new members to the board of Stranmillis University College.
Paula Leitch, Kim Scott, Robert Drennan, Aaron Diver, Una Nic Eoin, Wilma Fee and Sam Snodden have been appointed to serve as members from 1 April 2023 for a period of four years.
The appointments have been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland code of practice, found on the Public Appointments website.
Notes to editors:
1. Pen pictures are available on the Department’s website.
2. Members of the Governing Body do not receive any remuneration. However, they are eligible to claim allowances, at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates, for travel and subsistence costs necessarily incurred on official business.
3. Stranmillis University College was founded in 1922 by the then recently established Ministry of Education for Northern Ireland to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have become academically recognised as university colleges of Queen’s University Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
4. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland and in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees have carried out any political activity in the past five years.
5. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Business Register and Employment Survey 2022 26 September 2023
- Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards 2024 launched 26 September 2023
- Temporary governing body chair appointed at Belfast Metropolitan College 21 September 2023
- Economic Output Statistics 14 September 2023