The Department for the Economy and Northern Regional College are offering 20 Assured Skills Academy training places for people to train as logistics and transport coordinators.
Participants in the Assured Skills Academy will receive six weeks of industry-relevant pre-employment training at NRC’s Newtownabbey Campus leading to an industry recognised qualification. Successfully completing the course also guarantees a job interview. The Academy is open for applications on Monday 13 January 2020.
Graeme Wilkinson, Director of Skills at the Department for the Economy, said: “This Assured Skills Academy at NRC is a great opportunity for anyone seeking a new career in logistics and transport. The course will equip participants with the necessary skills to compete for a role in a local company with immediate vacancies.”
Participants will also receive a weekly training allowance of £150, travel expenses, and may be eligible for childcare allowance.
Mr Wilkinson added: “I urge anyone interested to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity.”
Julie Powell of Northern Regional College said: “NRC has a track record of providing high quality industry-focussed training that enables people to compete for jobs in a range of sectors. Partnering with local businesses and the Department for the Economy helps us to ensure that people who complete the Transport and Logistics Assured Skills Academy are in a strong position to compete for a permanent job.”
Applicants for this Assured Skills Academy must be 18 years old by 24 February 2020 and hold at least one A level at grade A-C, or equivalent qualification. No experience in the field of logistics or transport coordination is necessary.
Applications open Monday 13 January 2020 and close Friday 31 January 2020.
For more information and details of how to apply, visit nidirect from Monday 13 January.
The six local companies with vacancies in this role are:
- DFDS Logistics Ltd, Belfast
- McBurney Transport, Ballymena
- Woodside Logistics Group, Ballynure
- Lynas Foodservice, Coleraine
- TST Transport, Ballymena
- WestRock, Newtownabbey
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available at: Assured Skills programme.
- Follow us on Twitter @economy_ni
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email email@example.com . Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.