Obtaining exam results is an exciting and important milestone in the life of a young person and making informed decisions about the various career options available is vital to effective career planning.
The Northern Ireland Careers Service provides impartial advice and guidance on a range of career-related issues, including further and higher education, apprenticeships, training, employment and voluntary work opportunities.
Frances O’Hara, Head of the Careers Service, said: "I would encourage students to take advantage of the professional advice and guidance available from your careers adviser to help you take the next step. A comprehensive guidance service is available for those hoping to progress into post 16 and 18 opportunities at this time. Young people and parents can also access useful information through the Careers Service website which also contains contact details of careers offices throughout Northern Ireland.
"If you need immediate advice and guidance following your exam results I recommend you use the online webchat facility. You can contact a careers adviser by clicking on the “Chat with an adviser” button or you can speak with an adviser by calling 0300 200 7820.
"Webchat and phone opening hours will be extended and advisers will be available via webchat and telephone from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm on Thursday 16 and Friday 17 August and again on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 August.
"I’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone well and to reassure you that the Careers Service team is available to help you access the pathway best suited to you and your career ambitions."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DfE Press Office on telephone number 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI.
- Northern Ireland Labour Market Statistics 12 November 2019
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Assured Skills Academy at Northern Regional College launches 11 November 2019
- Appointments to Stranmillis University College Governing Body 01 November 2019
- US insurance giant Aflac and Belfast Met launch 20-place Assured Skills Academy 30 October 2019