Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today announced the launch of a new public consultation on the development of an Energy “One Stop Shop”.
The One Stop Shop aims to be a single point of contact where consumers, communities and businesses can receive information, advice and support about energy issues. The commitment to developing this service was included in the Path to Net Zero Energy Strategy, launched by the Minister in December 2021 and formed part of the Energy Strategy Action Plan for 2022.
The Minister said:
“As we continue to work to lessen the impact of energy price rises and the cost of living crisis, it has become clear that Northern Ireland would benefit massively from an accessible, unified, trusted organisation for consumers to go to when they need advice, information and support on energy matters. There currently is no such organisation. We propose to change that by seeking to establish a “One Stop Shop” for energy.
“To inform how this organisation will look, the services it will provide and the timescales for its rollout, I have launched this public consultation to gather views and evidence from the general public, businesses and the energy industry.”
The consultation proposes that the One Stop Shop will begin by offering core services of information and advice and will continue to phase in additional services as specific policies and schemes are developed.
This approach has been developed with significant collaboration and engagement across government, industry and energy consumers.
The consultation closes at 5pm on 20 January 2023 and can be found on the DfE website.
Notes to editors:
1. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Recruitment now open for new Risk and Regulatory Compliance Assured Skills Academy with EY 11 December 2023
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2023 07 December 2023
- Department for the Economy publishes 2023/24 budget consultation final response 05 December 2023
- Extension to public appointment of Invest NI Interim Chair 01 December 2023