Economy Minister Diane Dodds has made the following reappointments of members to the governing bodies of two further education colleges.
North West Regional College
Mrs Roslyn Dougherty has been reappointed with effect from 15 June 2020.
Southern Regional College
Dr Eileen Stewart has been reappointed with effect from 22 June 2020
Both reappointments are for a period of four years.
These are regulated appointments and have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
1. Further education colleges are non-departmental public bodies (NDPB) of the Department for the Economy (DfE) established under the Further Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 (the ‘1997 Order’). Under the 1997 Order, the constitution of the college is specified in the Instrument of Government and the functions / responsibilities of its governing body are set out in its Articles of Government. The governing body of a further education college is responsible for securing the efficient and effective management of the college, the provision of suitable further education to its students and determining the college’s strategic direction. In sustaining and developing its services, the governing body takes into account the educational needs of the business sector and the local community.
2. The post of Governing Body member is remunerated at £250 for a governing body meeting and £150 for a committee meeting or event sanctioned by the Chair. Travel and subsistence allowances are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates in respect of activities carried out whilst fulfilling their duties.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Neither Dr Stewart nor Mrs Dougherty have carried out any political activity in the last five years.
5. Follow us on Twitter.
6. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reopening close contact services is the next step towards better days: Dodds 23 April 2021
- Poots and Dodds announce review into future of agri-food sector 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021
- Northern Ireland is ready for the return of tourists: Dodds 21 April 2021