Economy Minister Diane Dodds has made the following reappointments of members to the governing bodies of two further education colleges.
North West Regional College
Mrs Roslyn Dougherty has been reappointed with effect from 15 June 2020.
Southern Regional College
Dr Eileen Stewart has been reappointed with effect from 22 June 2020
Both reappointments are for a period of four years.
These are regulated appointments and have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available at the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
1. Further education colleges are non-departmental public bodies (NDPB) of the Department for the Economy (DfE) established under the Further Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 (the ‘1997 Order’). Under the 1997 Order, the constitution of the college is specified in the Instrument of Government and the functions / responsibilities of its governing body are set out in its Articles of Government. The governing body of a further education college is responsible for securing the efficient and effective management of the college, the provision of suitable further education to its students and determining the college’s strategic direction. In sustaining and developing its services, the governing body takes into account the educational needs of the business sector and the local community.
2. The post of Governing Body member is remunerated at £250 for a governing body meeting and £150 for a committee meeting or event sanctioned by the Chair. Travel and subsistence allowances are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates in respect of activities carried out whilst fulfilling their duties.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Neither Dr Stewart nor Mrs Dougherty have carried out any political activity in the last five years.
5. Follow us on Twitter.
6. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com.
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Not too late to take action to secure and protect cross border data flows – Dodds 23 October 2020
- Minister welcomes signing of the UK-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement 23 October 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds urges businesses to take up the support offered to help them prepare for EU Exit 23 October 2020
- Dodds announces Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme 22 October 2020