Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has welcomed a new Assured Skills Legal Academy in partnership with FinTrU.
Supported by the Department for the Economy, the Academy will see up to 23 participants receive five weeks of online training in legal financial services. Those who successfully complete the training will be eligible for an interview for a role with FinTrU in either their Belfast or North West offices.
While no prior work experience is required, applicants must however be eligible to work full time in the UK and hold at least a 2.2 degree in any discipline before commencement of training.
Welcoming the Academy, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“I am pleased to announce another fantastic employment opportunity in Belfast and the North West with the launch of this latest FinTrU Assured Skills Academy. Assured Skills Academies are excellent development opportunities that provide people with a potential route to employment.
"As our economic sector continues to recover, developing the local skills base is a key element to not only our initial recovery but to our long term economic growth. The Assured Skills Academies have a very strong track record of success in upskilling people and helping them secure employment.
“With a weekly training allowance of £155 also provided, this is a very good opportunity and I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Jamie Foote, Executive Director, FinTrU Legal said:
"The FinTrU Legal Academy offers the perfect first step to anyone wishing to begin a legal career within the financial services industry. Our first two Legal academies were a huge success and we're seeking more ambitious individuals who would like to become part of our award-winning legal teams in Belfast and the North West.
“FinTrU is continuing to expand globally so it’s the perfect time for those who have recently graduated, or those who simply wish to make a career change, to join us on this exciting journey. This March, we were recognised by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe for the second year in a row, and we don’t intend to slow down any time soon!"
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the FinTrU legal team in either their Belfast or North West office and work alongside some of the world’s largest Investment Banks. The Legal Academy provides participants with the opportunity to gain both the knowledge and practical skills needed for an exciting legal career in the Financial Services Industry.
Applications for the FinTrU Legal Assured Skills Academy are open until midnight on 31 July 2022 and interviews will be held between 9 August and 17 August 2022.
More information and details of how to apply are available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Department’s website.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Facebook – @EconomyNI(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Skills to Succeed Facebook(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Instagram – economy_ni(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Business Register and Employment Survey 2021 30 June 2022
- Lyons announces £9m project for local aerospace sector 28 June 2022
- Lyons welcomes job opportunities on PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy 28 June 2022
- Investment in mobile infrastructure and technology is crucial – Lyons 23 June 2022