Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has welcomed the sixth PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy offering the opportunity for 20 individuals to kick start a career in professional services.
This exciting opportunity is open to people with a 2:2 degree in any discipline, as well those with a Level 5 qualification (HND or Foundation Degree) who have some experience in an office, banking or professional environment. Successful Academy participants will be part of Operate, PwC’s operational delivery business providing future-focused solutions to challenging operational issues.
Funded by the Department for the Economy, this PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive eight weeks industry-relevant pre-employment training delivered by Belfast Met.
Commenting on the Academy the Minister said:
“Strengthening our local skills base will play a key part of our economic growth and Assured Skills Academies have a proven track record of success in this area. This sixth Academy will provide twenty individuals with a great opportunity to gain the skills they need to compete for jobs within one of the largest professional adviser company’s in Northern Ireland.
“Successful applicants to the Academy will receive £155 per week training allowance and will be very strongly positioned to compete for a job upon completion. I encourage anyone who is interested and eligible to apply for this exciting opportunity.”
Course content will cover areas including: project management, business analysis, commercial awareness, financial accounting, Microsoft and Google tools, data visualisation and design thinking.
Deborah Stevenson, Operate Director at PwC, said:
“Investing in people is at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are delighted to once again support the Professional Services Assured Skills Academies at Belfast Metropolitan College. These Assured Skills Academies have allowed us to not only invest in numerous talented people over the years, but have also been a great way for us as a business to give back to the local economy by providing roles to participants following the Academy. Those taking part in the Academies will gain access to exceptional training across a range of skills and areas that are relevant in today's world, with practical application and insight into working with PwC.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, said:
“We are delighted to be delivering the sixth PwC Professional Services Academy. The development of skills is a vital key element in helping our economy to rebuild at this challenging time. The industry relevant pre-employment training provided by Belfast Met will provide Academy participants with the opportunity to develop the requisite skills to gain employment within the professional services sector and we very much look forward to welcoming our new cohort of learners.”
Applications for the PwC Professional Services Academy are open now and will close on 5 June 2002.
Training will be a blend of onsite and online learning and successful applicants will require appropriate IT access in order to link to the online tuition.
Video interviews will be held on 14, 15 and 16 June 2022 and training will commence for successful applicants on Monday 4 July 2022.
For more information and to apply visit nidirect.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the DfE Assured Skills Programme page.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: email@example.com.
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023