Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has visited Titanic Studios in Belfast to view the set for the upcoming feature film, ‘Dungeons and Dragons’.
The movie from Paramount Pictures and eOne is currently being filmed at Titanic Studios as well as various locations throughout Northern Ireland. Starring Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Hugh Grant and Regé-Jean Page, and directed and written by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, the film is scheduled for release in March 2023.
Speaking after the visit, the Minister said:
“It was fascinating to see the film set of ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ today. This is another example of how Northern Ireland has established itself as a highly desirable filming location. This is not only for the diverse, beautiful and accessible locations, but also because of the outstanding skills base that has been built here.
“Our local industry has risen and adapted to the significant challenges posed by Covid and continues to provide jobs and promote Northern Ireland. This has been done with support from Northern Ireland Screen. As we rebuild our economy, further development of skills in the screen industries will play a key role in that recovery.”
“I want to commend the efforts of all involved and wish ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ every success when it hits screens around the world. This is Paramount’s first production in Northern Ireland, but I hope that it will not be the last.”
Titanic Studios, set on an eight-acre site in Belfast’s Titanic Quarter, comprises the original Paint Hall studio and two new purpose-built sound stages. It was the main studio for all eight series of HBO's fantasy series Game of Thrones, establishing Northern Ireland as a world-class location for film and television production.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- County Antrim directors agree to disqualification 15 October 2021
- Labour market statistics 12 October 2021
- Lyons announces Assured Skills Academy in welding at South West College 11 October 2021
- Telephone service for High Street Scheme applications opens Monday 09 October 2021