Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has announced the extension to the term of appointment of Claire Moore on the governing body of Stranmillis University College.
The tenure of Claire Moore, who also serves as chair of the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee in the College, has been extended from 31 July 2022 until 30 June 2023.
This extension was made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available on the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland website.
Notes to editors:
1. Members of the Governing Body do not receive any remuneration. However, they are eligible to claim allowances, at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates, for travel and subsistence costs necessarily incurred on official business.
2. Stranmillis University College was founded in 1922 by the then recently established Ministry of Education for Northern Ireland to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have become academically recognised as university colleges of Queen’s University Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. Claire Moore has not carried out any political activity in the past five years.
4. Claire Moore is currently Bursar and Secretary to the Board at the Royal Belfast Academical Institution (RBAI). Mrs Moore has worked in the Education and Training sectors for 20 years. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland and was appointed to the Stranmillis University College Governing Body on 1 August 2014. She does not hold any other public appointments.
5. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
7. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.