Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today launched an Assured Skills Academy in Financial Services – Business Transformation, in partnership with Deloitte, offering 20 high quality training places.
The Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive six weeks of industry-relevant training with South Eastern Regional College (SERC). Completing the Academy guarantees participants an interview for a Belfast-based Operations Excellence role at Deloitte within their Financial Services industry specialist group.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce 20 training places on this Assured Skills Academy in Financial Services with Deloitte and SERC.
“This Academy is an excellent opportunity for people with a degree in any discipline, or a relevant Level 5 qualification plus experience, to reskill for a career in financial services and potentially gain employment with leading multinational Deloitte.
“I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Jackie Henry, Office Senior Partner at Deloitte in Northern Ireland and Managing Partner for People and Purpose at Deloitte UK, said:
“To grow our economy and remain internationally competitive, Northern Ireland must continue to invest in a number of key areas including financial services. As such, we are delighted to announce the latest Deloitte Financial Services – Business Transformation Assured Skills Academy in partnership with the Department for the Economy.
“The Academy offers a wide variety of challenges and will provide a fantastic opportunity for graduates to benefit from training to develop skills that businesses across Northern Ireland are calling out for. We are looking for innovative individuals, problem solvers and people who enjoy working collaboratively. It is a great opportunity for those who obtain a place.”
Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“SERC is delighted to be partnering with Deloitte to offer valuable training in financial services. This is an opportunity to develop skills and gain a qualification in a growing sector. Assured Skills Academies enable the college to fulfil our commitment to meeting employment needs through high-quality training and education, nurturing the workforce of the future and supporting economic growth in Northern Ireland.”
Due to the pandemic, training may be a hybrid of onsite and online learning through a virtual classroom provided by SERC.
Applications for the Deloitte Financial Services – Business Transformation Academy are open now and close on Sunday 30 January 2022.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline, or a Level 5 qualification (HND or foundation degree) in a related subject such as business, technology or data, plus one year’s relevant experience.
For more information and to apply, visit Assured Skills training programme
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available at Assured Skills Programme
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Further Education Sector Activity Bulletin published 20 January 2022
- The Path to Net Zero Energy – creating jobs and more affordable energy 20 January 2022
- Labour market statistics 18 January 2022
- Lyons encourages applications to Accelerate Digital Assured Skills Academy 18 January 2022