Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today launched an Assured Skills Digital Academy, in partnership with Deloitte, offering 20 high quality training places for people with degrees.
The Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive eight weeks of industry-relevant training with South Eastern Regional College (SERC). Completing the Academy guarantees participants an interview for a role in Deloitte’s Salesforce.com or Software Engineering team.
Highlighting the opportunity, the Minister said:
“I am pleased to announce 20 training places on this Digital Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte and SERC.
“This Academy is an excellent opportunity for people with a degree, in any discipline, to reskill for a career in digital consulting and potentially gain employment with leading multinational Deloitte.
“I would urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Jackie Henry, Office Senior Partner at Deloitte in Northern Ireland and Managing Partner for People and Purpose at Deloitte UK, said:
“To grow our economy and remain competitive globally, Northern Ireland needs to continue to invest in enhancing skills in a number of key areas, particularly those linked to the digital sector.
“Digital helps to create new growth by elevating the human experience with connected ideas, technology, and talent, and we at Deloitte are proud to be playing our part in developing skills in this area through the Assured Skills Academy. It is a great opportunity for those who obtain a place.”
Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“South Eastern Regional College is delighted to have forged a partnership with Deloitte to train students in digital skills through the Assured Skills Academies. The training students will receive will provide an excellent foundation for a successful career in this growing sector, enabling them to play an important role in the economic growth of Northern Ireland. I would urge anyone, even if they have not considered such a career, to explore the Skills Academy and the opportunities it can deliver.”
Due to the pandemic, training may be a hybrid of onsite and online learning through a virtual classroom provided by SERC.
Applications for the Deloitte Digital Assured Skills Academy are open now and close at noon Sunday 29 August 2021.
Applicants must hold a minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline.
For more information and to apply, visit the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
- Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the Assured Skills page of the department's website
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Increase in shoppers as Spend Local cards continue to boost high streets 03 December 2021
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2021 02 December 2021
- Essential Skills statistical bulletin published 02 December 2021
- Spend Local cards boost High Street by over £100m 30 November 2021