Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today announced 40 high-quality training places on the latest in a series of Financial Services Assured Skills Academies with FinTrU.
Funded by the Department for the Economy, the FinTrU Financial Services Accelerate Academy is a four-week online development programme in partnership with Ulster University, Belfast Metropolitan College and North West Regional College leading to a potential offer of employment with FinTrU in either their North West or Belfast offices.
Encouraging all eligible individuals to apply Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“I am pleased to announce another great opportunity for 40 individuals who meet the entry criteria with the launch of this FinTrU Financial Services Accelerate Assured Skills Academy, organised and facilitated in collaboration with Ulster University, Belfast Metropolitan College and North West Regional College. This Academy is an excellent development opportunity that provides people with a potential route to employment."
"As our economic sector continues to recover, developing the local skills base is a key element to not only our initial recovery but to our long-term economic growth as set out in my Department’s 10X vision. The Assured Skills Academies have a very strong track record of success in upskilling people and helping them secure employment."
“With a training allowance payable of £155 per week this is an excellent opportunity and I would encourage strongly anyone interested and eligible to apply.”
John Maguire, Talent Partner at FinTrU said:
"Our Financial Services Accelerate Academy offers the perfect first step to anyone wishing to begin a career in this exciting industry. We are seeking applications from ambitious individuals who would like to become part of our award-winning team in Belfast and the North-West. The Accelerate Academy offers fantastic opportunities for both graduates and those without a degree.
“FinTrU is continuing to expand globally so it’s the perfect time for those who have recently graduated, or those who simply wish to make a career change, to join us on this exciting journey. We have recently been recognised by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, for the second year in succession, and we don’t intend to slow down any time soon!"
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the FinTrU team in either their Belfast or North West office and work alongside some of the world’s largest Investment Banks to find solutions to help them meet with their regulations in areas such as; Legal, Risk, Compliance, KYC (Know you Customer), Operations and Consultancy.
Applicants must be eligible to work full time and permanently in the UK and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- hold at least a 2.2 in any degree discipline before commencement of training; or
- have a minimum of 18 months’ experience working in a banking or regulated financial services environment.
Applications for the FinTrU Financial Services Accelerate Academy are open until 11 September 2022.
Interviews will be held between 19 September and 28 September 2022. Applicants should be available to attend training on weekdays from 9am to 5pm from the training start date.
More information and details of how to apply are available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available at Assured Skills training programme.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) Statistics 24 November 2022
- Northern Ireland Annual Business Inquiry Statistics 2021 23 November 2022
- Search begins for Tourism Northern Ireland board members 18 November 2022
- Stop before you shop – Trading Standards Service 18 November 2022