Economy Minister Gordon Lyons today announced 23 high quality training places for people with degrees on the third in a series of Human Capital Assured Skills Academies with Deloitte.
Funded by the Department for the Economy, the Academy will see participants undergo a six week training programme provided at South Eastern Regional College’s Bangor Campus to provide the skills and experience required to begin on a professional career path with Deloitte. Completing the Academy will guarantee a job interview for a Belfast-based Analyst role at Deloitte within Human Capital as a Service (HCaaS).
Highlighting the opportunity the Minister said:
“This Academy is a great opportunity for people with the necessary qualifications to reskill for a career in a business consultancy and potentially gain employment with a leading multinational company.
“As we move into a decade of economic transformation around our 10X Economic Vision, strengthening our local skills base and investing in skills is essential to grow our economy. My Department’s Assured Skills Academies have a successful track record in providing people with high quality training while at the same time providing employers with the access to the skilled people they need in order to grow.
“This Academy will help position individuals strongly to compete for a job with Deloitte in what is an exciting sector. With a training allowance of £155 per week I would encourage everyone who is eligible to apply.”
Jackie Henry, Office Senior Partner at Deloitte in Northern Ireland and Managing Partner for People and Purpose at Deloitte UK, said:
“Our series of Human Capital Assured Skills academies has brought wonderfully talented people into our teams to help deliver our clients’ most complex transformation programmes. We are delighted to open this latest academy for applications.
“Our human capital consulting business continues to grow and we are offering opportunities to start your career. We are looking for the innovative thinkers, the problem solvers, and the collaborators to join us on our mission to make an impact. An exciting career in project and programme delivery for our clients awaits.”
Those selected for the Academy will receive accredited, professionally recognised qualifications alongside practical training.
Commenting on the Academy Ken Webb, Principal of SERC, said:
“We are delighted to be working with Deloitte, a leading professional services company, in delivering the high-quality training that applicants need to meet the requirements of employers. It is part of our commitment to supporting economic growth, to providing relevant skills where they are most in demand and to creating work-ready applicants for quality jobs. I would recommend this opportunity to graduates of any background or discipline.”
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, eligible to work in the UK and have a university degree classification 2:2 in any discipline or a Level 5 qualification (HND or Foundation Degree) in a related subject plus one year’s relevant experience.
The closing date for applications is 16 October 2022. Video interviews will be held between 24 and 26 October with training taking place from 7 November to 16 December 2022.
Further information and how to apply is available on the nidirect website.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information on Assured Skills is available at the Assured Skills Programme page on the Department's website.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023