Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced Gateley, a leading UK-wide legal practice, has become the latest investor in Northern Ireland, with the intention of creating 73 jobs.
Gateley provides legal services to over 5,000 clients across banking and financial services, corporate, business services, employment and pensions and property.
Making the announcement, the Minister said:
“Northern Ireland’s legal sector is vibrant, internationally focused and has grown significantly over the last ten years. It is great to see that even during very challenging times Northern Ireland continues to attract top law firms.
“Gateley will be creating a new legal and professional services team in Belfast, offering high quality employment and the opportunity to work with its international portfolio of clients. Once established, the new practice will create job opportunities with an estimated £2.8million in additional annual salaries for the Northern Ireland economy.”
Invest Northern Ireland has offered Gateley (Holdings) Plc £438,000 of financial assistance to secure this investment for Northern Ireland.
Michael Ward, Partner, Gateley said:
“Our staff are one of our biggest assets and when we were considering expansion, it was important that it was a location that would offer us not only a competitive cost base but the right type of talent.
“We are delighted to have chosen Northern Ireland; it is a vibrant exciting place with skilled legal professionals and boasts excellent universities which generate first class graduates. We very much look forward to expanding and investing in a team in Northern Ireland.”
In addition to setting up a new legal practice the company has on-boarded the team from Paul Tweed LLP to create Gateley Tweed, specialising in international media law. It also operates a capital allowance and tax incentive firm Gateley Capitus in Belfast.
Gateley employs over 1,100 staff across eleven offices in Great Britain and one in Dubai.
Notes to editors:
- Photo captions: (1) Diane Dodds, Economy Minister. (2) Michael Ward, Partner at Gateley.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Reopening close contact services is the next step towards better days: Dodds 23 April 2021
- Poots and Dodds announce review into future of agri-food sector 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces payments to be extended under two business support schemes 23 April 2021
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places for the north west with Alchemy Technology Services 21 April 2021