Metaswitch Networks is offering graduates the opportunity to kick-start their career in software support engineering as they look to expand their Belfast team.
The UK headquartered company announced in September 2016 that it was opening a new Centre of Excellence in Belfast, creating 94 new jobs in ICT and Research & Development.
This is the third Assured Skills academy for Metaswitch funded by the Department for the Economy. It aims to provide 20 graduates with transferable skills, knowledge and experience required to work with cutting-edge communications technology to help Metaswitch grow their Belfast based workforce.
Previous experience is not required but applicants must possess a degree in any discipline. 90% of participants from the previous two academies went on to secure full-time employment with Metaswitch.
On successful completion of the nine week training programme delivered by Belfast Metropolitan College (BMC), academy participants will be interviewed for a full-time position with Metaswitch offering an employment package of £22,575. In addition they may receive a performance related bonus, participation in an employee share plan and private medical insurance.
For further information and to apply visit https://meta.mindmill.co.uk. The closing date for applications is 30th June 2017.
Notes to editors:
- The Assured Skills programme is a joint initiative between the Department for the Economy and Invest Northern Ireland, it helps companies wanting to locate their business in Northern Ireland secure the skills they require.
- Academy participants will gain new skills and upon completion of the Academy they will be interviewed by the company for a potential job opportunity. 90% of graduates on the previous Metaswitch Academies have gained employment with the company, following a successful interview process.
- Metaswitch designs and develops cloud native communications software for telecommunications software providers.
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Clusters and collaboration make big business sense for SMEs 13 March 2018
- Department for the Economy publishes Higher Education Performance Indicator Statistics 08 March 2018
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending December 2017 – report published. 08 March 2018
- Stakeholder events - Barriers to Participation and Progression in Education 06 March 2018