Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has announced that London company Arkk Solutions Ltd is creating 16 new jobs in its Belfast office with support from Invest Northern Ireland.
Arkk Solutions is a market -leading provider of regulatory reporting software and services. Its Belfast operation focuses on the company’s iXBRL tagging service, a computer language for the electronic transmission of business and financial data.
Welcoming the company’s expansion plans Minister Hamilton said: “Arkk Solutions’ decision to expand its Belfast workforce is testament to the quality of staff that it has been able to recruit here and to the cost-efficient business environment that Northern Ireland offers.
“The company intends to make its Belfast office a centre of excellence for its iXBRL services, demand for which is set to increase significantly. Compliance is a growing cluster within Northern Ireland’s financial and professional services sector and this investment will further enhance Northern Ireland’s proposition in this area, particularly with respect to the regulatory technology niche which is of increasing importance.
“The new jobs will provide valuable employment opportunities for graduates who will undergo bespoke training giving them high value skills in a niche area.”
Andy Gent, co-founder of Arkk Solutions’ Managing Director, said: “Since setting up in London in 2009, Arkk has enjoyed strong growth and can now boast a blue chip client base. The calibre of staff that we have been able to recruit for the Belfast office has contributed significantly to this growth and has greatly influenced our decision to expand our presence here.
“Invest NI’s support has also been pivotal in our decision to create 16 new posts in Northern Ireland and we look forward to working with the agency as we roll out our bespoke training programme.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Invest Northern Ireland has offered support of £72,000 for the new jobs.
- The new roles will offer an average salary of £17,000.
- Arkk Solutions set up an office in Belfast in 2014 employing 10 staff.
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023