Economy Minister Simon Hamilton has welcomed the launch of Deloitte’s first Salesforce Academy.
Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and is one of the biggest, exciting and fast growing areas in Cloud based technologies today. The programme will see 20 graduates undertake an intensive 12 week Salesforce training programme delivered by Belfast Metropolitan College. Applications to the Deloitte Salesforce Academy will close on Friday 11 November at 12noon and the training programme for successful applicants will start on 9 January 2017.
The Minister said: “This new Salesforce Academy is one of a number of Academies delivered for Deloitte recently and emphasises the success of my Department’s Assured Skills Academy model.
“Deloitte’s continued investment in Northern Ireland, particularly in the technology arena, clearly demonstrates that we have the talent pool and through the Assured Skills Programme we can deliver the skilled workforce to meet the skills requirements of large companies to allow them to continue to create quality jobs for our graduates.
“I welcome the partnership approach between my Department, Belfast Metropolitan College and Deloitte in developing this Academy.”
Salesforce brings together customer information in a single, integrated platform that enables companies to build a customer-centred business from marketing right through to sales, customer service and business analysis. This gives companies such as Deloitte a more complete understanding of their customers to drive the business’s success.
The training will have a strong focus on new areas which will allow participants to design and build complex systems on the Salesforce.com platform and provide a full service to Deloitte clients.
Jackie Henry, Senior Partner at Deloitte, commented: “Following the announcement of our exciting growth plans for 2020 and the recent launch of our first Cloud and Enterprise Integrations academies, I am delighted to launch the Deloitte Salesforce Academy. Salesforce is one of the largest and fastest growing cloud platforms.
Applications can now be submitted online.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023