Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has visited the Kainos Group headquarters in Belfast.
During the visit Minister Hamilton met the Kainos management team and heard about the company’s recent successes and plans for expansion. The Minister also took the opportunity to congratulate Kainos Chief Executive, Brendan Mooney, on becoming the EY Entrepreneur of the Year for 2016.
Minister Hamilton said: “Now in its 30th year, Kainos is an excellent example of how a local company, created through collaboration between industry and academia, can become a world leader. Kainos is part of the backbone of the IT sector in Northern Ireland.
“I was pleased to hear about the company’s plans for expansion and how Invest NI’s offer of almost £5million in 2014 is helping the firm meet its targets. They are helping to grow the Northern Ireland economy through their use of innovative technology and an entrepreneurial spirit.”
Brian Gannon, Kainos Corporate Development director said: “As a leading participant in the UK’s fast-growing digital economy, and a long-standing member of NI’s thriving tech ecosystem, Kainos is delighted to welcome Minster Hamilton to our offices.”
The Minister concluded: “I encourage business owners to look at Kainos as an example of how a company can grow to become a market leader. I look forward to seeing what the next 30 years brings for this cutting edge company.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Photos are available to accompany this release.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI.
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020