Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has hosted a special event in Londonderry to acknowledge the growth and investment of businesses in the North West.
Ten businesses, two of which are new investors are creating 100 new jobs and investing over £5.6million in the local economy.
With the support of Invest Northern Ireland Mechanical Installations & Maintenance, Meritcom, Precision Group, Retail Systems Technology Limited, Junk Kouture, Click Energy, Gradon Architecture and FAST Technologies have each been working on growth projects.
Two GB-based software businesses, Launch Pad and Peoplesafe, are also establishing offices in the city and plan to create a total of 16 new jobs over the next 12 months.
Speaking at Invest Northern Ireland’s Timber Quay offices the Minister said: “This multi million investment by indigenous businesses and UK investors is positive news for Londonderry.
“The 100 new jobs being created span a range of roles and industries including software development, engineering, marketing and finance, and once in place will contribute over £2.5million in additional salaries to the local economy.
“Invest Northern Ireland has offered £578,400 to support the growth of these businesses who by doing so are committing to both their future and the sustained economic growth of the local area.”
The Minister added: “Every business plays a role in our economic success and strengthening and growing Northern Ireland’s private sector requires all stakeholders to work in partnership towards the achievement of a common goal. I welcome the joined-up approach to economic development in the North West and the contribution the Council and local stakeholders such as the Chamber the Council are making, alongside Invest Northern Ireland, to rebuild and rebalance our economy.”
Notes to editors:
- Recruitment is underway and a third of the new positions being created are already in place.
- Company details and investment plans.
- Mechanical Installations & Maintenance based in Carrakeel Industrial Park is creating 16 new jobs as part of a £753,286 investment to support its planned growth in sales. The business is targeting new contracts in data centres, pharmaceutical plants and distilleries, as well as other more traditional industrial / construction-related areas in the next couple of years. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £80,000 to support the recruitment of 16 additional welders and fabricators. 11 of the positions are already in place.
- Meritcom in Strabane is creating eight new jobs as part of a £376,981 investment to help drive sales in Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland. The roles include six technical positions along with one in sales and one in finance and administration. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £43,300 towards it development plans. Recruitment for the new roles has not yet started.
- Precision Group in Eglinton is creating 11 new jobs as part of a £644,000 investment to grow its customer base in Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £97,000 to help Precision Group with its market development activities and recruiting the new roles. One of 11 positions are already in place
- Retail Systems Technology Limited in Eglinton is creating eight new jobs as part of a £554,000 investment to drive sales of its Point of Sale systems. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the business £47,750 towards its recruitment and market development activities. Two of the positions are already in place.
- Junk Kouture in the North West Science Park is creating six new jobs as part of a £403,000 investment to put additional resources in place to expand its fashion event business model to target opportunities in Great Britain. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the business £48,000 towards it recruitment and marketing activities. Four of the positions are already in place.
- Click Energy in Timber Quay is creating 12 new jobs as part of a £371,500 investment to expand its sales into the Republic of Ireland. Invest Northern Ireland has offered £48,000 to support the recruitment of six of the new roles. Six of the 12 new positions are already in place.
- Gradon Architecture in Artillery Street is creating six new jobs as part of a £348,000 investment to accelerate the growth of the company. Invest Northern Ireland has offered £31,350 towards its market development and recruitment activities. Two of the positions are already in place.
- FAST Technologies in Skeoge Industrial Estate will be creating 17 jobs as part of a £1.1million investment, for project managers, electrical, mechanical, design and automation engineers, and software developers. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £97,000 towards growth activities. The additional staff will be assisting the team in providing and marketing the company's solutions which currently are being used in the food and drink sector, companies working in life sciences, electronics, automotive, aerospace, data centres, Agri-tech industries and more.
- Launch Pad Recruits, a London based investor, is establishing a European centre in Londonderry and will be recruiting ten new jobs in customer service and software roles. Launch Pad Recruits provides data and video interviewing and screening technology to help recruitment and HR professionals make smarter and more objective hiring decisions. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £50,000 to support the recruitment of the new jobs. Five of the positions are already in place.
- Peoplesafe a Sheffield based investor, is planning to establish offices in Londonderry and recruiting six new software developers. Peoplesafe offers a portfolio of safety solutions for lone workers across a range of sectors. Invest Northern Ireland has offered the company £36,000 to support the creation if its software development hub. Two of the positions are already in place.
3. For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
4.Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
5.Photos are available to accompany this news release.
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020