The Department for the Economy has announced extensions to the terms of office of a number of board members of Invest NI.
The tenures of board members Ken Nelson, Dr Gerard O’Hare and Scott Rutherford have been further extended for three months from 1 January 2020 to 31 March 2020 to provide continuity while the Department runs a competition to appoint six new board members.
The extensions were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available on the Commissioner for Public Appointments website
Notes to editors:
1. Invest Northern Ireland was established under the Industrial Development Act (Northern Ireland) 2002, and its role is to promote innovation, enterprise and competitiveness in Northern Ireland businesses, encourage new start-ups and market Northern Ireland as a location for inward investment. Remuneration for board members is currently £12,240 per annum.
2. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. The extendees have all declared no political activity.
3. Pen pictures are available at the Invest NI pen pictures page on the Department for the Economy website.
4. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
5. Follow us on Twitter
- Lyons urges businesses get involved in the High Street Scheme 23 September 2021
- Lyons officially opens new £30m Erne Campus of South West College 22 September 2021
- Be ready with key information when applying for Spend Local card: Lyons 20 September 2021
- Economy Minister Gordon Lyons announces new Assured Skills Academy with PwC 20 September 2021