Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed confirmation that all goods retailers can re-open from tomorrow.
This includes retail outlets located inside shopping centres which do not have direct street access.
The move was agreed by the Executive on Monday, conditional on there being no increase in the spread of Covid-19 by today.
The Minister said:
"It is great news that the Executive today confirmed the re-opening plans.
"This is a further step in getting the economy moving again.
"I would urge people to be considerate when they go shopping, and to think of others to ensure the safety of themselves and also the many staff returning to work.
"Please follow signs and instructions which will have been put in place to protect everyone.
"All stores must adhere to the relevant safety measures and ensure social distancing is maintained."
Notes to editors:
- Work place safety guidance is available from: nibusinessinfo website .
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons officially opens new £30m Erne Campus of South West College 22 September 2021
- Be ready with key information when applying for Spend Local card: Lyons 20 September 2021
- Economy Minister Gordon Lyons announces new Assured Skills Academy with PwC 20 September 2021
- Lyons praises Northern Ireland film industry on visit to ‘Dungeon and Dragons’ set 19 September 2021