Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed confirmation that all goods retailers can re-open from tomorrow.
This includes retail outlets located inside shopping centres which do not have direct street access.
The move was agreed by the Executive on Monday, conditional on there being no increase in the spread of Covid-19 by today.
The Minister said:
"It is great news that the Executive today confirmed the re-opening plans.
"This is a further step in getting the economy moving again.
"I would urge people to be considerate when they go shopping, and to think of others to ensure the safety of themselves and also the many staff returning to work.
"Please follow signs and instructions which will have been put in place to protect everyone.
"All stores must adhere to the relevant safety measures and ensure social distancing is maintained."
Notes to editors:
- Work place safety guidance is available from: nibusinessinfo website .
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Further education colleges ‘the Way to Go’ to get the higher education skills you need 21 March 2023
- Lurgan trader ordered to pay £10,000 compensation for substandard work and misleading consumers. 21 March 2023
- Economic output statistics 17 March 2023
- Department for the Economy announces annual increase in limits for unfair dismissal and redundancy payments 16 March 2023