Economy Minister Simon Hamilton MLA has commented on the restructuring of the Fujitsu business throughout Europe including its operations in Belfast and Londonderry.
He said: “This is a worrying time for staff at Fujitsu in Belfast and Londonderry. I have spoken to Fujitsu management today and intend to engage with senior decision makers in Japan in the days and weeks ahead to emphasise to them the highly skilled workforce that exists in Northern Ireland as well as the competitive costs and strong Government support that makes our region a good place for their company to continue to invest in."
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries contact DFE Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Invest NI Review Action Plan published 04 October 2023
- Reappointment of members to board of Stranmillis University College 04 October 2023
- Consultation launched on approach to 10X Technologies and Clusters 29 September 2023
- 20 high quality training places available on Business Operations Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions 29 September 2023