Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced that Tandragee based White’s Speedicook Ltd has secured contracts in the Middle East estimated to be worth over £1million.
White’s Speedicook is a brand leader of porridge oats and granola across the UK and Ireland. Its range of porridge oats and oat cereals are now on shelves in Carrefour stores across the Middle East and Union Coop in the UAE.
Announcing the successes during a visit to the company, the Minister said:
“I commend White’s Speedicook on winning such lucrative contracts. Its fierce export ambitions are testament that hard work and persistence can indeed pay off.
“As we rebuild our economy, it is essential that companies are actively working on plans to boost export sales, enter new markets and safeguard jobs. My Department is working closely with Invest Northern Ireland to ensure that companies, both large and small, continue to access the support and advice they need to be more resilient and succeed in international markets.”
Commenting on its recent contract wins, James Mathers, General Manager at White’s Oats, said:
“The Middle East region is a dynamic and vibrant market with a large international community for which demand is growing for high quality oat breakfast cereals.
“We have developed a number of new trading relationships with partners who value our provenance and authenticity. These values ensure we continue to produce high quality products, the key pillars of our success in these markets.
“The support from Invest NI has been invaluable in helping us scope out opportunities, develop relationships and allocate appropriate resource to maximise the opportunity.”
The new contracts follow a number of years of trade support from Invest NI including market visits and attendance at Gulfood in Dubai, which is the region’s largest food and drink show.
Steve Harper, Invest NI’s Executive Director of International Business, said:
"It is always great to see the support and valuable business advice we provide companies come to fruition. We have worked with White’s Oats for many years to help it develop new routes to market, particularly in the UAE. This has involved expert advice from our in market team in Dubai, market intelligence research and support to attend global exhibitions.
“In these uncertain times it is more important than ever that businesses look to exporting as a way to grow their businesses. We have prioritised new ways to assist businesses with Covid-19 related export challenges, which has included a range of online solutions. I would encourage companies to make use of this support and seize the export opportunities on offer.”
Notes to editors:
- CAPTION: Pictured with the Economy Minister Diane Dodds during her visit to Tandragee based White’s Speedicook Ltd are James Mathers, General Manager at White’s Oats (left) and Trevor lockhart, Chief Executive, Fane Valley Co-Op (right).
- Follow us on Twitter.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Labour Market Statistics 11 August 2020
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020