Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed today’s announcement that Aer Lingus is to establish a base at George Best Belfast City Airport.
The Minister said:
“Enhancing Northern Ireland’s air connectivity is absolutely vital to our economic wellbeing, in respect of both direct investment and inbound tourism. So today’s announcement by Aer Lingus and George Best Belfast City Airport is very welcome news.
“The routes announced today between the airport and various GB locations have been vacant since earlier this year so it is particularly heartening to see them restored.”
The Minister added:
“I welcome this commercial decision by Aer Lingus, which will bring new job opportunities and I am particularly pleased at the scale of the planned operation, with both ground and air staff to be deployed.
“I wish everyone at Aer Lingus and George Best Belfast City Airport the very best as they proceed with this exciting project.”
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed the announcement that Aer Lingus is to establish a base at George Best City Airport. Pictured along with the Minister is Brian Ambrose, Chief Executive at Belfast City Airport, and David Shepherd, Chief Commercial Officer at Aer Lingus.
- Follow us on Twitter
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds highlights the strengths and potential of Northern Ireland’s Life and Health Sciences sector 04 August 2020