Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed today’s announcement that Aer Lingus is to establish a base at George Best Belfast City Airport.
The Minister said:
“Enhancing Northern Ireland’s air connectivity is absolutely vital to our economic wellbeing, in respect of both direct investment and inbound tourism. So today’s announcement by Aer Lingus and George Best Belfast City Airport is very welcome news.
“The routes announced today between the airport and various GB locations have been vacant since earlier this year so it is particularly heartening to see them restored.”
The Minister added:
“I welcome this commercial decision by Aer Lingus, which will bring new job opportunities and I am particularly pleased at the scale of the planned operation, with both ground and air staff to be deployed.
“I wish everyone at Aer Lingus and George Best Belfast City Airport the very best as they proceed with this exciting project.”
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Economy Minister Diane Dodds has welcomed the announcement that Aer Lingus is to establish a base at George Best City Airport. Pictured along with the Minister is Brian Ambrose, Chief Executive at Belfast City Airport, and David Shepherd, Chief Commercial Officer at Aer Lingus.
- Follow us on Twitter
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Competition to appoint new Board Members for the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland 24 November 2020
- Fermanagh business set to create 88 new jobs in over £5m investment 23 November 2020
- Dodds announces 20 high quality training places with FinTrU in the north west 23 November 2020
- Dodds welcomes £213 million support package for businesses 23 November 2020