Economy Minister Diane Dodds has visited companies in the Craigavon area that are adapting to the current economic challenges.
The Minister visited PPE and industrial cleaning equipment supplier Craigmore, which is performing strongly in the current economic climate.
Ms Dodds said: “Thanks to the introduction of measures such as a click-and-collect service, remote working and social distancing, Craigmore was able to seamlessly continue servicing its clients during the Covid-19 crisis. Indeed, the company has seen an increase in revenue during the last three months given the demand for PPE and cleaning equipment.”
The Minister then went to Cubis Systems, a designer and manufacturer of access chamber and cable ducting systems.
Speaking about her visit, Minister Dodds said: “Cubis Systems has fully embraced the precautions that manufacturing companies need to adopt in order to continue operating in the wake of the pandemic. The company is showing the flexibility needed for the ‘new normal’ and is continuing to manufacture units and supply key clients during this difficult time.”
Concluding, the Minister said: “I am hugely impressed with the way in which both Craigmore and Cubis have adapted to the business challenges thrown up by Covid-19, while maximising the opportunities it has presented in a difficult economic climate. I commend the management and staff at both companies and wish them well for the future as we continue the recovery.”
Notes to editors:
- More information on Craigmore is available on the Company's website.
- More information on Cubis Systems is available on the Company's website.
- Photo captions:
Craigmore – Economy Minister Diane Dodds pictured with Craigmore CEO Geoff Baird
Cubis Systems – Economy Minister Diane Dodds pictured with Managing Director of Cubis Systems Michael Wightman
- Follow us on Twitter.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds highlights the strengths and potential of Northern Ireland’s Life and Health Sciences sector 04 August 2020