Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced a public consultation on the Northern Ireland Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan.
The consultation seeks views on the current system of postgraduate support for Northern Ireland students undertaking taught postgraduate study, and discusses a number of options for potential reform.
Commenting on the consultation, the Minister said:
“Higher education is a vital component of any modern economy as it plays a key role in supplying the skills, knowledge and experience required by the labour market.
“As the higher level skills and subject-specific knowledge demanded by the labour market becomes ever more acute, so must we ensure fair and equitable access to the support mechanisms which can encourage postgraduate study.
“I believe that doing more to support postgraduate provision can help to transform our economy and our society and I would encourage as many as possible with an interest in this important topic to make their views known.”
The Northern Ireland Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan Consultation opens on 26 April 2021 with the deadline for responses being 25 June 2021.
The consultation and related documents are available on the Department's website.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries, contact the DfE Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2021 02 December 2021
- Essential Skills statistical bulletin published 02 December 2021
- Spend Local cards boost High Street by over £100m 30 November 2021
- Project Stratum milestone as hyperfast connectivity reaches 15k premises 29 November 2021