Economy Minister Diane Dodds today announced a new scheme to support company directors impacted by the pandemic.
The Minister said £20million will be available for the Limited Company Directors Support Scheme (LCDSS). The scheme will open for applications at 6pm on Thursday 21 January.
The Minister said:
“Many company directors who have been adversely affected by Covid have found themselves in financial difficulty. I am pleased that we are able to help address the gap in national support for this group by introducing a local support scheme.”
A £1,000 grant will be paid to eligible limited company directors. At scheme closure, any underspend will be distributed equally amongst approved applicants in the form of a top-up grant, up to a maximum of £3,500.
The scheme will be delivered by Invest Northern Ireland on behalf of the Department for the Economy.
More information and eligibility criteria for the scheme are available on nibusinessinfo
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries, contact the DfE Press Office at email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Dodds announces 25 training places on Assured Skills Academy with Deloitte 01 March 2021
- Minister calls for extension to furlough scheme 26 February 2021
- Minister launches Economic Recovery Action Plan 25 February 2021
- Labour market statistics 23 February 2021