Economy Minister Diane Dodds has announced the extension of payments under two of the Covid business support schemes.
Payments to businesses under the Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme (CRBSS), Part A and Part B, and the Large Hospitality and Tourism Business Support Scheme (LHTBSS) will continue up until 23 May for those businesses who remain eligible.
Under the CRBSS scheme, businesses that remain eligible will continue to receive a weekly grant of £600 for Part A and between £300 and £800 for Part B. Eligibility will be dependent on decisions taken by the Executive on the future easing of restrictions. Where necessary, payments will continue up to 23 May.
The Large Tourism and Hospitality Business Support Scheme makes payments based on weekly amounts of between £2,400 and £41,900 depending on an individual business’ NAV. The majority of businesses will continue to receive support up to 23 May.
Top-up payments will automatically be issued to eligible businesses under both schemes in line with ongoing restrictions.
The Minister said:
“I am pleased to confirm that payments to eligible businesses under the CRBSS and LHTBSS will continue while restrictions for some of these businesses remain in place.
“To date, over £70million has been paid out to businesses under Part A and B of the CRBSS and £38million under LHTBSS. These payments have protected many jobs and saved businesses.
“I am focused on rebuilding and the recovery of our economy and will continue to support businesses until it is safe for them to reopen.”
Notes to editors:
- Full details of all the Covid business support grants is available at nibusinessinfo.
- The Covid regulations are available online.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2021 02 December 2021
- Essential Skills statistical bulletin published 02 December 2021
- Spend Local cards boost High Street by over £100m 30 November 2021
- Project Stratum milestone as hyperfast connectivity reaches 15k premises 29 November 2021