Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has announced that the details of the Energy Bill Relief Scheme for businesses in Northern Ireland have been published by the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The details of the scheme can be found on the gov.uk website.
Minister Lyons said:
“I am acutely aware that businesses are currently facing unprecedented energy costs as inflation hits record levels. The magnitude of this global inflationary crisis means that it can only be tackled by significant interventions at a national government level, something that I have continued to highlight over recent months.
“I am therefore pleased to announce that the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) have published details of the Energy Bill Relief Scheme for businesses in Northern Ireland. As I had suggested, this scheme will provide energy bill relief for non-domestic customers in Northern Ireland, with discounts being applied to energy usage initially between 1 October 2022 and 31 March 2023.”
Notes to editors:
1. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
2. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Helping scam victims earns Hero Award for Northern Ireland Trading Standards Enforcement Officer 28 November 2022
- Northern Ireland Labour Force Survey – Young People Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) Statistics 24 November 2022
- Northern Ireland Annual Business Inquiry Statistics 2021 23 November 2022
- Search begins for Tourism Northern Ireland board members 18 November 2022