Economy Minister Diane Dodds has appointed seven new members to the governing body of South Eastern Regional College (SERC) and agreed to extend the tenure of two existing members.
Mark Huddleston, Dr Danny McConnell, Alan McCrum, Deborah O’Hare, Darren Stewart and Derek Wilson have been appointed from 10 December 2020, with Majella Corrigan due to commence her appointment from 1 April 2021. All have been appointed for a four year period. In addition, the tenure of two existing members, Neil Bodger and Heather Reid, has been extended for two months from 1 February to 31 March 2021.
The appointments and extensions have been made in accordance with the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- SERC is one of the six further education colleges in Northern Ireland. Colleges are non-departmental public bodies of the Department for the Economy, which are established under the Further Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1997. The governing body of a further education college is responsible for securing the efficient and effective management of the college, the provision of suitable further education to its students and determining the college’s strategic direction. In delivering college services, the governing body takes into account the educational needs of the business sector and the local community.
- The post of governing body member is remunerated at £250 for a governing body meeting and £150 for a committee meeting or event sanctioned by the Chair, plus travel and subsistence allowances which are payable at Northern Ireland Civil Service rates in respect of activities carried out whilst fulfilling their duties.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees have undertaken any political activity in the last five years.
- Pen pictures of the appointees are available on the Department’s website.
- For media enquiries, please contact the DfE Press Office at email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Labour market statistics 18 January 2022
- Project Stratum extends coverage plans to additional 8,500 premises 17 January 2022
- Lyons announces latest Assured Skills Academy in welding at South West College 17 January 2022
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 3 2021 14 January 2022