The Department for the Economy has announced 20 high quality training places on an Assured Skills Academy delivered by Southern Regional College for Co Down company EOS IT Solutions.
Funded by the Department, successful applicants to the Academy will receive six weeks of pre-employment training at SRC’s Banbridge campus.
The Academy will focus on Business Operations Skills and deliver training in skills areas including inside sales, procurement, order management, customs, logistics, project management and trade compliance.
Participants who complete the Academy will be guaranteed an interview for a role with EOS IT Solutions.
Highlighting the opportunity, DfE’s Director of Skills Graeme Wilkinson said:
“The Department is pleased to be able to fund these 20 high quality training places at Southern Regional College for roles with EOS. Training will be provided in a range of skills areas that are in-demand and which will greatly enhance the employability of participants in the Academy.
“Assured Skills Academies have a strong track record of delivering high quality training to participants as well as providing employers with the talented and skilled people they need to grow and boost their competitiveness.
“I urge anyone who is interested and eligible to apply.”
Applicants must be over 18, eligible to work in the UK and hold a Level 5 qualification (HND or foundation degree) or above in any discipline, or have work experience in customs and logistics, procurement, sales or project management.
Raymond Sloan, Principal and Chief Executive of Southern Regional College, said:
"Southern Regional College has a strong track record of working with businesses to improve their competitiveness. We are delighted to be involved in this Assured Skills Academy with EOS IT Solutions, and we look forward to welcoming the successful applicants onto their training.”
Anna McSorley, Head of People at EOS IT Solutions, said:
“We are thrilled to announce that we have received support from the Department to offer 20 first-class training positions through the Assured Skills Academy. Upon completion, there is the potential for successful candidates to join our ever growing global team.
“EOS IT Solutions is a growing family-run global technology and logistics company, providing collaboration and business IT support services to some of the world’s largest industry leaders, in 195 countries across the globe. Our headquarters are in Banbridge, and we're proud to provide this academy as a platform for local talent to gain global exposure and take their first step towards a career in the tech industry.”
Applications are open now – to find out more and apply, visit the Assured Skills Academies page on the nidirect website.
Applications will close on 27 October 2023. Interviews will be held 14-16 November with training commencing for successful applicants on 4 December 2023.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information can be found on the Assured Skills Programme page of DfE website.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department for the Economy you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @DeptEconomyNI
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at email@example.com
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Electricity Consumption and Renewable Generation in Northern Ireland: Year Ending September 2023 07 December 2023
- Department for the Economy publishes 2023/24 budget consultation final response 05 December 2023
- Extension to public appointment of Invest NI Interim Chair 01 December 2023
- Reappointment to the board of Northern Ireland Screen 28 November 2023