Economy Minister Gordon Lyons has welcomed the seventh PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy offering 20 individuals an opportunity for a career in professional services.
Funded by the Department for the Economy, this PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy will see participants receive eight weeks industry-relevant pre-employment training delivered by Belfast Met through a combination of attended and virtual learning.
This exciting opportunity is open to people who have been awarded a Level 5 qualification (HND or Foundation degree) and some experience in an office / banking / professional environment or a 2:2 degree in any discipline. Successful Academy participants will be part of Operate, PwC’s operational delivery business which provides future-focused solutions to challenging operational issues.
Encouraging those who met the entry criteria to apply, Gordon Lyons said: “This Academy is an excellent opportunity for people with a degree in any discipline, or a relevant Level 5 qualification plus experience, to reskill for a career in professional services and potentially gain employment with one of the largest professional advisor firms in Northern Ireland.
“Strengthening our local skills base will play a key part of our economic growth and my Department’s Assured Skills Academies have a proven successful track record in providing people with high quality training while helping employers access the skilled people they need to grow. These training places will position participants strongly to compete for a job with PwC in this exciting sector and I would encourage anyone who is eligible to consider applying now.”
Candidates selected to join the Academy will learn and develop skills and knowledge across project management, business analysis, commercial awareness, financial accounting, Microsoft and Google tools, data visualisation and design thinking.
Deborah Stevenson, Operate Director at PwC, said: “Investing in people is at the heart of everything we do, which is why we are delighted to once again support the Professional Services Assured Skills Academies at Belfast Metropolitan College. These Assured Skills Academies have allowed us to not only invest in numerous talented people over the years, but have also been a great way for us as a business to give back to the local economy by providing roles to participants following the Academy. Those taking part in the Academies will gain access to exceptional training across a range of skills and areas that are relevant in today's world, with practical application and insight into working with PwC.”
Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive of Belfast Met, said: “We are delighted to be delivering the seventh PwC Professional Services Academy. The development of skills is a vital key element in helping our economy to rebuild at this challenging time. The industry relevant pre-employment training provided by Belfast Met will provide Academy participants with the opportunity to develop the requisite skills to gain employment within the professional services sector and we very much look forward to welcoming our new cohort of learners.”
Participants will receive a weekly training allowance of £155. They will also be reimbursed for travel expenses and may be eligible for childcare allowance.
Applications for the PwC Professional Services Academy are open now and will close on 17 July 2002.
Video interviews will be held on 26, 27 and 28 July 2022 and training will commence for successful applicants on Monday 15 August 2022.
For more information and to apply visit nidirect.
Notes to editors:
1. Assured Skills is a pre-employment training programme run by the Department for the Economy. More information is available on the DfE Assured Skills Programme page.
2. To keep up to date with news from the Department you can follow us on the following social media channels:
- Twitter – @Economy_NI
- Facebook – @EconomyNI
- Skills to Succeed Facebook
- Instagram – economy_ni
- LinkedIn – Department for the Economy NI
3. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Lyons welcomes job opportunities on the PwC Professional Services Assured Skills Academy 12 August 2022
- Harness furthers its international expansion with new Northern Ireland office and 80 jobs 11 August 2022
- Lyons highlights the importance of college-based higher education learning 09 August 2022
- Lyons announces appointments to board of Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland 05 August 2022