The Department for the Economy has today officially launched the first Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week which will take place from 3 to 7 February 2020.
Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2020 is a new initiative in Northern Ireland and offers an opportunity through a dedicated week of events and promotional activity to demonstrate how apprenticeships work for individuals, businesses, communities and the wider economy.
Officially launching Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2020, Deputy Secretary of DfE Heather Cousins said: “I am delighted to launch the first ever Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week which will run from 3 to 7 February 2020. Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week provides the opportunity for everyone involved in apprenticeships, or interested in finding out more about apprenticeships, to come together during a week-long programme of apprenticeship events and activity.”
The introduction of Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2020, led by the Department for the Economy, aims to bring all key partners from local councils, employers, FE colleges, universities, private training providers and many more apprenticeship partners within the development and delivery of apprenticeships together to raise the profile of the apprenticeship concept across Northern Ireland.
Heather Cousins added: “The Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2020 Events Map is now available with over 25 apprenticeship events already confirmed to take place during the week and events being added all the time. We would like all apprenticeship partners to get involved by hosting their own apprenticeship events or in collaboration with others. If you would like to get involved you can contact us by email at email@example.com
"Let’s all discover the benefits apprenticeships can bring to businesses, individuals and our economy and consider attending the wide range of apprenticeship events and activity taking place near you during apprenticeship week by visiting the Apprenticeship Events page on nidirect.”
Notes to editors:
1. NI Apprenticeship Week 2020 is open to everyone throughout Northern Ireland. To find out more information in your local area and to check the events map visit the Apprenticeship Events page on nidirect.
2. Picture caption: Pictured at the launch of the NI Apprenticeship Week in Belfast are Heather Cousins from the Department for the Economy and the Chairs and representatives from the Departmental Working Groups set up to oversee the NI Apprenticeship Week 2020 and plan key events and regional activity across Northern Ireland: (l-r) Chris Corken, Belfast Met; William Greer, South Eastern Regional College (SERC); Heather Cousins, DfE; Barry Neilson, Construction Industry Training Board (CITB); and Rhonda Lynn (Mid and East Antrim Borough Council).
4. For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or by using the hashtag #NIAW2020.
- Dodds: Northern Ireland can lead the way in hydrogen energy 10 July 2020
- Economy Minister announces £1million export success for White’s Speedicook 10 July 2020
- Dodds welcomes increase in Foreign Direct Investment projects in Northern Ireland 10 July 2020
- Dodds visits Craigavon area companies 10 July 2020